Viva Wyndham Resorts “Escape to Paradise” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to Viva Wyndham Resorts, LLC., and not to Facebook.
- SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The Viva Wyndham Resorts “Escape to Paradise” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Monday, March 24, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There will be one (1) drawing period to award one (1) Grand Prize at the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Sweepstakes Official Rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of the sponsor of the Sweepstakes, Viva Wyndham Resorts, LLC, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054 (the “Sponsor”) and Alliance Sweepstakes Services, Inc., 300 State St. Ste. 402, Rochester, NY 14614 (the “Administrator”), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, Navigant Marketing, Alliance Sweepstakes Services, Inc. (“Administrator #2”), and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, marketing, public relations, promotional, and fulfillment agencies, web site providers, web masters (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members (as defined by the IRS) and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. Eligibility is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Facebook computer server database clock will be the timekeeper for the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: To access the Sweepstakes page and Application, you must "Like" the Viva Wyndham Resorts Facebook page via the Like button on the Sweepstakes page. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes through the Viva Wyndham Resorts “Escape to Paradise” Sweepstakes application on the Facebook Platform (the “Application”). You may access the Application via the Viva Wyndham Resorts page on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/vivaresorts. Click on the sweepstakes application and complete the entry form with all required information (including your full name, email address, telephone number, and agreement to these Official Rules). Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or practices, or by means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET, on Sunday, March 23, 2014 to be eligible. Once a valid entry is made, it will be carried forward to all remaining drawings (if any remain).
- BONUS ENTRY: After submitting the entry form, you will be presented with the opportunity to invite friends to enter the Sweepstakes following the instructions to share information regarding the Sweepstakes with others. You will earn one (1) automatic bonus entry for every five (5) of your eligible Facebook friends who enter the Sweepstakes.
- LIMIT: One (1) registration entry per person with a valid Facebook account. There is no limit to the number of bonus entries you may earn. No group entries. Any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods may result in disqualification by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- PRIZE: There will be a total of one (1) grand prize drawing.
One (1) Grand Prize: 7-night (double occupancy/superior room) accommodations at any one (1) of the following Viva Wyndham Resorts properties listed below. Total approximate value $2,800. Travel must be booked and completed by March 31, 2015.
The winner can select one (1) destination to any of the following locations:
A. Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach
B. Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace
C. Viva Wyndham Tangerine
D. Viva Wyndham Maya
E. Viva Wyndham Azteca
F. Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach
Prize will be awarded only if the potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. No cash alternative or substitution will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, and for any reason. TRANSPORTATION NOT INCLUDED. Prize notes: Winner and guest must have valid identification (passport, visa or photo identification) and any other proper identification to travel or to check into a hotel. Blackout dates may apply and all reservations are subject to availability. In the event the prize winner or his/her guest engages in behavior that, as determined by in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the experience in whole or in part, with no further compensation. All transportation, gratuities, taxes, incidental expenses, and any other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and his/her guest.
The Grand Prize will be awarded only if the potential Grand Prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. Prize is non- transferable, and no cash alternative or substitution will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. No other substitution or transfer of prize permitted. Prize cannot be redeemed for any cash value, credit, or future promotions.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: There will be one Grand Prize drawing conducted on or about March 31, 2014 from among all eligible entries received prior to each drawing. LIMIT: One prize per person or household. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
The Sweepstakes is under the supervision of the Administrator and Administrator #2. Potential prize winners will be notified and/or by phone and/or by email or mail, whichever is deemed appropriate by the Administrator #2, using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Potential Grand Prize winner must attest to their full compliance with all the terms of these Official Rules by signing and returning (to Administrator #2) an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Form (if a U.S. resident), or a Declaration of Compliance (if Canadian resident), within (7) days of being notified of their potential prize winner status. Note: The Affidavit sent to a potential U.S. Grand Prize winner will require that the potential winner provide his/her Social Security Number to Administrator #2, which will be used solely for tax reporting purposes. The Grand Prize winner must note that the value of the accepted prize is taxable as income and an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of the winner for the value of the prize and the Winner is solely responsible for all matters relating to the prize after it is awarded (applicable a U.S. winner only). The Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond within (7) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
Should the selected Grand Prize winner be a Canadian citizen, the selected entrant must answer correctly without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question posed by mail or telephone. If the selected entrant fails to correctly answer the question he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected. The potential Grand Prize winner who correctly answers the skill-testing question and submits the completed Declaration of Compliance (as defined above) will be confirmed the Grand Prize winner.
- GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees on behalf of him or herself and each of entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (A) to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities, Facebook, Inc., and their respective officers, directors, Franchisees and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (B) that Released Partieshave neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (C) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of any prize constitutes prize winner's permission for the Promotion Entities to use prize winner's name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the "Attributes"), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and prize winner releases the Sweepstakes Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
- DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, or stolen, submissions or prize notifications. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN NEW JERSEY. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
- WINNER’S NAME / OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the name of winners and a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Viva Wyndham “Escape to Paradise Sweepstakes”, 300 State St. Ste. 402, Rochester, NY 14614. All such requests must be received by March 31, 2015.
©2014 Viva Wyndham Resorts, LLC. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of their respective owners and/or other companies in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.